Netball Development Officers liaise between clubs, leagues, schools, Talent Centres and LA Hubs to facilitate the growth and development of grassroots netball. Working with local authorities and engaging with other traditional and non-traditional partners (HE/FE Future regional sports boards) they help to make sure that Welsh Netball is delivering on its commitment to ‘grow the game.’ They also ensure that programmes and initiatives are effectively delivered, clubs are supported, and intelligence data is collected to track improvement.
The Mid & West Wales Netball Development Officer covers the counties of Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Powys, Swansea and Neath-Port Talbot.
- Facilitating and encouraging growth in affiliated player and club membership.
- Support the development of clubs using resources and accreditation.
- Source funding to sustain and grow netball in the community.
- Co-ordinate the running of the LA Hub programme.
- Co-ordinate regional competitions for the competition calendar.
- Handling complaints and concerns from within the netball community.