U17 & U21 Talent Centres
After a period of reflection following the Commonwealth Games, and considering the recommendations of the recent Independent Pathway Review, Welsh Netball are making some changes to the Performance Pathway for the coming season (September 2018). We look forward to driving these changes throughout Wales and watching the increase in performance both on and off court that we are confident they will bring about.
The key immediate changes are:
- The training groups previously known as Development Training Centres will from this point on be branded Under 17 Talent Centres. There will be 8 throughout Wales with sessions taking place twice monthly from January to include one training session and one Talent Centre fixture (January – May). There will be a close of programme tournament in June.
- The training groups previously known as Performance Training Centres will from this point on be branded Under 21 Talent Centres. There will be 4 throughout Wales with sessions taking place twice monthly from January to include one training session and one Talent Centre fixture (January – May). There will be a close of programme tournament in June.
- Players in the Age Group Long Squads will be required to attend Talent Centres and engage fully with the programme, unless they are selected to play in the England Netball National League. Their progress will be communicated to their Age Group Head Coach.
- Players wishing to trial for the Talent Centres will need to be nominated by their Club/County Coach. Only Players within the Talent Centres (with the exception of those living and studying outside of Wales) will have the opportunity to represent Wales at National Age Group Level
To access the nomination form, please click here.
- The Coaches, Team Managers and Umpires appointed to operate within the new look Talent Centres will receive a development package tailored to their specific needs and be granted opportunities to experience a high performance environment. They will also receive branded kit
To express an interest in being a Talent Centre Coach or Team Manager, please click here