Physical Preparation Lead is responsible for supporting Welsh Netball and Celtic Dragons elite performance athletes.
- Coordinating and monitoring performance support programmes for all elite teams with a direct impact on physical preparation for elite athletes.
- Ensuring that performance support services achieve maximum impact and are fully aligned to all activity across the elite programmes.
- Ensuring effective communication between all performance support practitioners, including the physiotherapists, strength and conditioning coaches, Team Doctor, performance analysts and nutritionists.
- Conducting technical planning meetings with coaches and practitioners to identify the priority performance support plans and ensure sport science and medicine programmes are effective.
- Managing and coordinate the physical development across the U17 and U21 age group squads to ensure alignment.
- In conjunction with the Head of Performance, assist in the recruitment of performance support services.
- Source and appoint student interns to assist in the delivery of performance support programmes.
- Manage all equipment needs and collaborate with the Performance Support Officer to monitor all orders.
- Coordinate any performance support contracts.
- Manage any serious injuries and lead on long term re-hab programmes.